Cane Builder Monthly Publication

Every day I'm coming up with new cane patterns and canework innovations. Take an exclusive look at all the innovations coming out of Polymer Clay Workshop before they can be found anywhere else! $5 per month through Paypal. Cancel any time.

Monday, August 2, 2010

Monsoon Storm Drawing Project


I'm back in Tucson!  I flew in right after one of our world famous thunderstorms.  In honor of monsoon season, I thought I'd share this project.  This isn't a complete lesson, but maybe you can be inspired and improve upon it.  The mountains are drawn with prismacolor markers and the rest is done in chalk pastel.  I like the idea of using different shades of marker to teach atmospheric perspective (kinda like the ocean floor project).  This could be used for any landscape project.  The fun part is letting students look at pictures of clouds and lightning.   I love the pictures in my SKY Cube Book!

No comments:

Post a Comment